Need A Car?VetCar may be able to help
Thank you for contacting Vetcar! After submitting this completed form, a VetCar representative will contact you within as soon as possible.
Are you on the road to self-sufficiency but struggle with transportation? Are you ready to gain access to better employment opportunities and enjoy personal independence? VetCar may be able to help you get there! Fill out the online application or download the application here. We purchase cars and receive car donations from the public, make them “road ready,” and then sell them at affordable prices to eligible families in the Metro Atlanta area.
To qualify for a reduced price or specially financed vehicle, you must meet the following basic criteria:
- You must have a verifiable job offer or be currently employed
- You must have a current driver’s license in the state of GA
- You must be have a clean driving record (no DWIs/DUIs) and be insurable (insurance is required to take possession of the vehicle)
- You must be drug free and have no extensive criminal background
- You must be able to cover fees for taxes, tags and title (approximately an additional $500)
- You must be able to afford the ongoing cost of car ownership (insurance, fuel and repairs, as needed)
- We have two types of vehicle sales: discounted sales to veterans and market rate sales to the general public.
VetCar Special Sales Program
Our main program, sells cars to qualifying low-income veterans for about $2500. We provide a low-interest loan for qualified recipients regardless of their credit history. The program is primarily serving clients of social-service and job-readiness agencies with which VetCar has partnerships. VetCar Sales to Public VetCar is working to establish our Public Sales program. These vehicles would be sold at market prices to help supplement the original funding received from the United Way. If you do not meet the requirements of our Special Sales Program and/or do not have a sponsoring agency, our Public Sales may work for you.